Sabtu, 31 Mei 2008

Good Song

I remember riding on the looooong highway from Los Angeles, California to Phoenix, Arizona, while I worked on a carnival summer job with the Kastl crew, setting up, slawing, testing and operating the High Miler roller coaster, for the Arizona State Fair, during the really hot summer days. (Also did the swinging musical chairs and the twirling teacups for the kiddos http://www.kastlamusements.com/rides/rides.asp)




One song, by Sixpence None The Richer, was Kiss Me, which I heard while riding in the truck (lorry) cab. I also got to enjoy listening to them at a live performance, that was sweet. Simple song, heartfelt.

Matt Slocum wrote the song for his wife. Pretty neat. I'm hoping and praying I will soon have a lady to write songs for n dance with n dive with n marry, and other important stuff like changing baby's diapers and monthly sore-back scrubs and pampering during the irritable times. (and teach her to swim and float to prevent drowning) Sabar siket. InsyaAllah.



[Bearded barley is Russian grain (mcm beras), see the "whiskers" on the seed pod 1/2 way down the page here: linky]

lirik lagu Kiss Me

Kiss me out of the bearded barley. Lightly, beside the green, green grass.
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step. You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

CHORUS
Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight. Lead me out on the moonlit floor.
Lift your open hand. Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling. So kiss me.

Kiss me down by the broken tree house. Swing me high upon its hanging tire.
Bring, bring, bring your flowered hat. We'll take the trail marked on your father's map.

Tiada ulasan: