Rabu, 7 Mei 2008

Mothers Day * Hari Ibu

In memory of Byrde and her daughter Caryl (my mother), and appreciation for present & future moms. [oleh abang daud di nor qalif]

Mothers and Daughters

Without mothers and daughters, where would we be?
sitting in an empty boat, out on the open sea...
They make a cold cruel world a much warmer place
they deserve all our love and almost all of our space

It would be hard to find a trace
of a smile on a little boy's face
without mothers and daughters
a^m^a^z^i^n^g ~ g^r^a^c^e.

Well that's what teddy bears are for
when loved ones have gone through the door
Yeah that's what teddy bears are for
when loved ones have gone through the door
and that's what wings and prayers are for


[A gentleman's poetic reflections on Mothers Day, DDeden]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining like the sun,
We've no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun

The lyrics are based on a prayer of King David (prophet Daud) in which he marvels at God's choosing him and his house. John Newton, the author of the lyrics to Amazing Grace, had a turning point in his spiritual life when a violent storm occurred one night while piloting a ship at sea, he realized his helplessness and concluded that only the grace of God could save him. My mom really liked this song, especially when accompanied by Scottish bagpipes and guitar, me too.

al fatiha ~ mama ~ rest in peace


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




http://hasni.blogdrive.com/
cari entry: Selamat Hari Ibu Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Tiada ulasan: